Working as an administrative assistant in Canada means that you are responsible for the day-to-day running and handlings in the office. Your job is to ensure that make life easier for the administrative officer, you ensure that meetings and other events are scheduled properly and that activities every day at the office go smoothly. You are required to have good knowledge of how to use computers, and you should possess also good communication skills.
Requirements to become an Administrative Assistant
- You need to have good communication skill;
- You may be asked to complete a typing test.
- Some employers may require that you take a course on business administration.
- You may have to first work as an apprentice in Canada.
- Be able to Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages;
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems;
- Assist in providing support to other departments as assigned;
- Provide flexible, reliable administrative support;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Strong work ethic, ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and function well under stress, while prioritizing tasks and workload.
- High level of self-motivation to work independently, excellent time management and organization skills
- You must have at least two years experience working in this field.
The best way to immigrate to Canada is by obtaining a job first in that way, you are able to get your employer to sponsor you to Canada or at least give you a letter of employment to help fast track your visa process. Having a job offer or letter of employment gives you an add advantage over other applicants looking to immigrate to Canada.
Administrative Assistants have so many opportunities in Canada. They can work almost any where that has to do with administration or business management. They can find jobs in different offices, court, business firms, and companies or organizations in need of administrative assistance.
Location: Surrey, BC
Salary:$24.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time Day
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Experience an asset
Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents; Schedule and confirm appointments; Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas; Determine and establish office procedures and routines; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Answer electronic enquiries; Compile data, statistics and other information; Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations; Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information; Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
Relocation costs covered by employer
Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized; Ability to multitask
How To Apply
Follow Us Now