Construction Supervisors work mainly for construction firms. They can specialize in commercial or residential construction, though some oversee both types of projects. Also known as Construction Site Supervisors, General Construction Supervisors monitor the progress of construction projects and ensure compliance with construction safety regulations. They supervise Construction Workers and subcontractors, educate Construction Workers on on-site safety practices, and evaluate employee performance. Construction Supervisors must perform diverse tasks to ensure that construction projects are meeting deadlines and being completed in a safe and timely manner.
We are looking to employ dedicated and experienced General Construction Supervisors to oversee construction projects and supervise the construction team. The General Construction Supervisors responsibilities include ordering building supplies, scheduling equipment maintenance as needed, and training new construction employees. You should also be able to perform first aid in emergencies. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
To be successful as a General Construction Supervisors, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable of building codes and construction safety regulations. Ultimately, an outstanding General Construction Supervisors should be able to interpret building plans as well as demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Job Organization: M30
Job Location: Oshawa Ontario, Canada
- Term or contract (ending: 2021-03-26)
- Full time
- Evening, Night
- Start date 2021-03-14
- 2 vacancies
$24.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Languages: English Language
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
General Construction Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors.
- Educating site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol.
- Enforcing site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
- Handling site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
- Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
- Evaluating the performance of construction employees and instituting disciplinary measures as needed.
- Analyzing blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications.
- Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Supervise workers and projects
- Set up equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Read blueprints and drawings
Major Work Area
Prepare production and other reports
- Trades helpers
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
Ability to Supervise
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Veterans, Visible minorities
This job advert will be valid until the 4th of March 2021
Method of Application
The method of application is online
To learn more about this job
Follow Us Now