Painters use paint, tools, and materials such as plaster, to change the appearance and texture of buildings, walls, and other structures. They may operate alone or alongside other painters or construction workers.
We are searching for a deadline-driven industrial Painter with great attention to detail. The Painter will be expected to use color theory principles to match shades, follow written and verbal instructions, and use a variety of tools to paint surfaces. Other responsibilities include completing minor repairs and selecting correct paints and primers. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
To be successful as a Painter, you should have great stamina, physical strength, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be able to understand clients’ visions, follow directions, and complete projects on time and to budget.
Job Organization: Metal Fab
Job Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Full time
Salary/Remuneration: $18.00 to $23.00 hourly for 42.5 hours per week
Languages: English Language
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Forklift Operator Certification
1 year to less than 2 years
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience painting residential or commercial spaces.
- Knowledge of all the applicable health and safety standards.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills.
- Good balance and physical strength.
- Selecting the correct tools and paints for projects.
- Preparing metals and other surfaces before painting.
- Mixing and applying paints, varnishes, and sealants for a lasting finish.
- Covering exposed objects and surfaces.
- Buying paint, brushes, and other supplies.
- Obeying workplace safety rules.
- Collaborating with other design and construction specialists.
- Keeping the workspace and tools clean.
- Tend or operate equipment to prepare items for application of protective or decorative coatings
- Tend or operate equipment to spray or coat
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints
- Prepare and mix metalizing solutions according to formulas or specifications
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paintbrushes
- Clean and maintain equipment
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Metal spray equipment
Organize and maintain inventory; Clean work area
- Hand-held spray guns
- Electrostatic method
More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
Type of Paints or Coatings
Catalyzed or polymerized paints
Type of Product
General metal products
Type of Industry Experience
Component manufacturing industry
Surface Preparation Methods
- Abrasive disc wheel
- Removing old coatings manually
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
This job advert will be valid until the 3rd of March 2021
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth.
Method of Application
Method of application is via mail and applicants can also apply in person
40 Exeter Street
North Bay, ON
P1B 8G5 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
Follow Us Now