One of the most in-demand occupations in Canada right now is heavy-duty equipment mechanics. So if you have this skill and you wish to immigrate, live, and work in Canada, then eventually become a permanent resident then you are in luck. One of the best ways to quickly move to Canada is by applying for jobs that are highly in-demand in Canada, and this is surely one of those occupations.
Because this occupation is so highly in-demand, you are able to apply for Canadian permanent residence, even without a job offer. So many provinces are looking to bring immigrants who have different skills needed to fill in certain jobs that have a labor shortage in the province. These provinces have introduced special programs under their Provincial Program that would enable them to attract foreigners who fit the vacant job profiles to their province.
What Are The Duties of Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics?
This occupation most especially in Canada requires that do overall maintenance of equipment used in construction companies, transportation, forestry, mining, oil and gas, material handling, landscaping, land clearing, farming, and similar activities.
As A Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic you Perform the Following Task
- You are responsible for repairing heavy-duty equipment such as cranes, graders, mining equipment, etc.
- Maintain the machines and ensure that they function properly. This means you’d have lubricating them, clean and get them ready for use
- Change faulty machine parts with new ones and be able to detect faults on the machine when needed.
- Ensure that the repaired machines are functioning properly, else you should be able to diagnose faulty machine parts using a computer and other known testing equipment.
Below Are the Different Jobs That Fall Under Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Agricultural Equipment Technician
- Apprentice Farm Equipment Mechanic
- Apprentice Farm Machinery Mechanic
- Backhoe Mechanic
- Caterpillar Tractor Repairer
- Construction Equipment Mechanic
- Construction Equipment Repairman/Woman
- Crane Repairer
- Crane Service Technician
- Diesel Engine Mechanic
- Diesel Engine Mechanic – Heavy Equipment
- Diesel Engine Mechanic Apprentice
- Diesel Engine Repairman/Woman – Railway
- Diesel Locomotive Repairman/Woman
- Diesel Mechanic
- Diesel Mechanic – Heavy Equipment
- Diesel Mechanic Apprentice
- Dredge Mechanic
- Dredge Repairer
- Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic
- Excavating Equipment Mechanic
- Farm Equipment Mechanic
- Farm Equipment Technician
- Farm Machinery Mechanic
- Farm Machinery Wheelwright
- Farm Tractor Mechanic
- Farm Tractor Repairer
- Felling Equipment Mechanic
- Fuel Injection Unit Servicer – Diesel
- Grading Equipment Mechanic
- Heavy Diesel Engine Mechanic
- Heavy Equipment Combination Mechanic
- Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
- Heavy Equipment Inspector-Repairer
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic – Diesel Engine
- Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer
- Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairman/Woman
- Heavy Mobile Logging Equipment Mechanic
- Heavy Mobile Mining Equipment Mechanic
- Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic Apprentice
- Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician
- Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice
- Journeyman/Woman Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Locomotive Mechanic
- Mine Locomotive Repairman/Woman
- Mobile Farm Equipment Mechanic
- Mobile Farm Machinery Repairer
- Mobile Logging Equipment Mechanic
- Mobile Mining Equipment Mechanic
- Paving Equipment Mechanic
- Power Shovel Mechanic
- Repairer Mechanic
- Sideboom Mechanic
- Tractor Mechanic
How to Immigrate to Canada As A Heavy-Duty Mechanic
If you already have working experience as a heavy-duty equipment mechanic, then this is the best time and opportunity to become a Canadian immigrant or permanent resident. Considering the horrors from the pandemic the entire world just went through, in which the Canadian labor force was most affected. The shortage of laborers especially in this occupation opens new opportunities for you.
Steps to Take in other to Migrate to Canada
- Gather the required documents needed to apply for a work visa in Canada, these may include but not limited to:
- Proof that you completed secondary school or higher educational achievement.
- Show proof of at least 3 to 5 years of works experience.
- Decide on which province you wish to immigrate to and find out if your skill is in-demand.
- Choose a program for you. There are so many programs which you can use to move to Canada for in-demand jobs example The Canadian Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Program, and Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, etc.
Follow Us Now