If making cabinets and furniture is what you love, then you have a chance to get a good-paying job in Canada at Wildwood Wood Works Ltd. You earn at least $23 per hour and you can work for 37 hours in a week which will amount to a total of $851 per week and $3,404 per month.
This is one of the highest paying skilled trade jobs in Canada and the best part is that you don’t need any certificate to apply for this job. All that is required is that you have the right skill for this type of job which may include: Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components; Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form the complete unit and reinforce joints; Repair or restyle wooden furniture, etc.
The best way to immigrate to Canada is by obtaining a job first in that way, you are able to get your employer to sponsor you to Canada or at least give you a letter of employment to help fast track your visa process. Having a job offer or letter of employment gives you an additional advantage over other applicants looking to immigrate to Canada.
However for this job you are not required to obtain any job offer from the employer, but it is often better you secure a job first from your home country so that your visa processing will be a lot easier and faster. This job offer is open to all applicants including; Apprentices, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth.
What is required from a Cabinetmaker?
- A cabinetmaker must meet the following requirements:
- Enjoy practical and manual activities
- Able to follow written instructions
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy
- Able to make mathematical calculations
- Good communication skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Free from allergies to dust
- Location: Edmonton, AB
Salary: $22.50HOUR hourly for 37.5 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 1 to less than 7 months
- Communicate with clients to determine specific job requirements
- Match furnishing styles and materials to clients’ needs
- Deliver and monitor service to clients
- Estimate job costs
- Measure and draw site layouts for manufactured furniture
- Read and interpret work documents in order to prepare accurate cutting lists for jobs
- Program and control computer-aided design (CAD) and computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Understand and select timber and timber products for furniture production
- Fabricate custom furniture
- Prepare and assemble cabinets for installation
- Select and install hardware to furnishings, such as handles and hinges
- Perform on-site repairs and adjustments of cabinets
- Clean and maintain work areas, including machinery and tools, to ensure a safe working environment.
Supervise other workers; Instruct apprentices; Estimate costs and materials; Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Area of Specialization and Tasks
- Making frames for chairs and couches.
- Fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves.
- May repair and refurbish furniture and antiques.
- Selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood.
- Marking out, cutting and shaping wood.
- Assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles.
- Working from drawings and specifications to make furniture.
- Making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required.
- Examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications.
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
How to apply
Follow Us Now