This may or may not be a big occupation in your country, but in Canada, Mushroom farming is so highly regarded. The demand for mushroom farmers and pickers is very high and for immigrants, this is a great opportunity for you.
The Sharon Mushroom farm located in Ontario, Canada is actually one of the biggest mushroom farms in the province, selling thousands of mushrooms every day.
Company Name: Monaghan Mushrooms Ltd.
Location: Campbellville, ON, Canada
Salary: $14.25HOUR hourly for 44 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment: Full time
Sift: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Vacancies: 10 vacancies
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience: No experience
Sort and pack fruits and vegetables; Pick row and orchard crops; Load, unload and transfer crates, supplies and farm produce, livestock and poultry
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Vegetable harvester
Additional Skills: Clean work area
Weight Handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Type of Crops: Mushrooms
Work Site Environment: Confined spaces; At heights; Wet/damp; Odors; Hot
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is not available
Work Location Information: Rural area
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Values and ethics; Reliability
Working in Canada As A Mushroom Picker
If you have a legal working permit in Canada, you can easily become a mushroom picker in no time. You do not require extra certification to work as a mushroom picker, but you should have some experience in agriculture and its even better if the experience is related to working in a mushroom farm.
The first step you should take to work in Canada as a mushroom picker, is to first apply for this job, you can send your document to the email provided below. When you are accepted, the employer will request that you come to Canada after which you need to apply for a temporary working permit or visa which would allow you work legally in the country. Then lastly, you can fly to Ontario to begin work, its that easy.
Requirements to Work as Mushroom Picker
- You are required to be physically fit at least to stand for 4 hours or more picking mushrooms and doing other jobs on the farm.
- Apply candidates must be efficient enough and must have strong attention to detail.
- The daily routine at the farm is easy so you are expected to come to work early and leave when you are supposed to.
- Experience is not really needed for this type of job, but you do need to get a legal work permit to work at Sharon farm.
Duties as a Mushroom Picker in Canada
- Picking mushrooms daily and placing them in the specified location directed by the employer.
- You are required to clean the working surroundings every day when you come to work and after you are done for the day.
- You are responsible for discarding products that are defective or damaged.
- You should know how to move quickly and effectively too. Because you will manually harvest the mushrooms you should be efficient with the use of some of the farming or harvesting tools provided in the farm.
- You are also responsible for collecting products and placing them in the provided container.
- Available and flexible to work a 7 days rotating roster
How to Apply
Submit Mushroom Picker Job Application By email [Submit CV]
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring until: 2021-02-14Follow Us Now