Bakers use their understanding of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods. They measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to quality and food safety standards.
We are searching for skilled, creative Bakers who strive to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The Baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers. You will also greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
To be a successful Baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
TWI Foods Inc.
40 Shaft Road Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 4M2, Canada
- Permanent employment
- Full time
$16.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend, and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in a hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.
- Prepare special orders
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedules
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls, and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies, and cakes, and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food
- Requisition or order materials, equipment, and supplies
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Large volume bakery
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
- Wedding and specialty cakes
- Donuts and muffins
- Desserts and pastries
- Cake decorating
- Bread and rolls
- Team player
This job advert will be valid until the 20th of March 2021
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Method of Application
The method of application is via email and via mail
40 Shaft Road Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 4M2Follow Us Now